Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dog Update



I was going to post a picture of this goofy bird dog and report that she was settling in nicely. Still chewing a bit, not so much jumping, putting on a few pounds. Everything on track to take her to Texas, where a new family is waiting to see whether she's a good fit. 

And then, the dogs had a news flash this morning:

Apparently, there's a porcupine in these parts. Both dogs ended up with lips full of quills.  Coco didn't look so great, either.

A morning's visit to the vet and all's well again. Both dogs appear slightly chastened, but I'm sure that will pass. The vet assures me that if the porcupine is still there, the dogs will do it again.
--MCG

1 comment:

  1. We were only on the Appalachian Trail for a matter of hours when Roma encountered her first (and last) porcupine. She only got nailed with one quill, in her paw. I was so stupid, though, that I thought the quill might be barbed. Still, if we didn't yank the thing out, we'd have to ditch our long-awaited trek. So we gave the quill a pull. I'm sure I saved it. It was amazingly sharp, but Roma seemed unfazed by the process. That said, she never went after another porco. Glad to hear that Coco and Ladybird are feeling no pain. xoZia

    ReplyDelete